Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Period pain for nearly 2 months.

(4 Posts)
Chica31 Sun 16-Oct-11 14:42:14

I went to the doctors 2 weeks ago as I have been having period pains. They are getting more and more intense over the last few weeks, but I still haven't had a period.

My youngest daughter is 8 months, 9 months on the 30th.

I am still BFing, but only at night as I am back at work full time, I have been since she was 7 months.

The doctor examined me, prescribed ibuprofen and told me to come back in a month if I still hadn't bled or was still having pain.

Today they are really bad and for over a week I have been taking as many tablets as I can, today I have been taking paracetamol too.

Any ideas what it could be? Shall I just make an appointment for the doctors again, eventhough it will be 2 weeks earlier than she suggested?

Footle Sun 16-Oct-11 15:06:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 16-Oct-11 16:23:51

I would make an appt to see the GP and ask/insist that you are referred to a gynaecologist. GPs can be clueless about such matters.

Would keep a pain/symptom diary and diarise your symptoms daily.

Have you ever had this type of pain before?

Chica31 Sun 16-Oct-11 18:24:06

Thanks for your replies, no never before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now