Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dds bladder control

(6 Posts)
bigfatgypsy Sun 16-Oct-11 12:38:33

The exact same thing used to happen to me until I was around mid-teens and I was extremely embarrassed about it. Again always when friends made me laugh and usually just a bit, but occasionally I lost bladder control completely which was mortifyingly embarrassing. My mum never mentioned it as far as I remember, and I did eventually grow out of it (doesn't happen now even after 2 dcs)

I wonder now if it's a hereditary bladder thing, my sister has also had bladder problems since a child, although hers were diagnosed by a dr.

So is this common or do I need to get her checked out? She was a late bedwetter too, not dry till 7 at night.

bigfatgypsy Sun 16-Oct-11 13:47:06

Sorry copied this and missed off the first bit!

I've noticed that dd still wets herself now and again (shes 10) - she says it happens when she laughs a lot, she just can't hold on to it and leaks.

bigfatgypsy Sun 16-Oct-11 20:04:33

Can anyone help?

juneau Sun 16-Oct-11 20:10:20

Have you taken her to see a doctor? I have no experience of this, but I would say it's not entirely normal and she may have a weak bladder. It must be mortifying for her if she's at school. I'd definitely get it checked out.

bigfatgypsy Sun 16-Oct-11 22:30:27

Thanks I'm going to take her, I wish my mum had taken me so if there's something that can be done to spare her the embarrassment I'd rather do it.

rabbitstew Mon 17-Oct-11 15:17:36

I think giggle incontinence is a recognised and not uncommon form of incontinence. It's not the same thing as stress incontinence - ie not generally to do with the pelvic floor being weak. Most people do grow out of it, eventually. In the meantime, I would also be interested to know what is done about it, as my ds1 suffers very mildly from this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now