Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Leaking fluid heavily a week after a D&C..is this ok?

(4 Posts)
zara206y Sun 16-Oct-11 11:46:59

Ok i will keep this brief as i have other posting telling the full story on here but just wondered if this is normal to leak heavily lots of clearish fluid a week after a D&C. I am 42 and had the treatement done a wk ago along with some cervical stuff done too. I sat on the loo this morning and it literally poured out for about 10 seconds. It is clear but has a tinge of blood to it and faint yellow colour. Im sure that due to the nature of the op that its normal but just checking..i have a follow up appt on 1st Nov for test results.

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Sun 16-Oct-11 15:15:37

Hi
Did you see my reply on your other thread? What were you told about discharge (duration/type) and if/when to give them a call. If you're getting more not less, then it might as well to give the contact number on your aftercare leaflet a ring. Try and see your GP because if isn't healing and you develop an infection antibiotics may be req'd.

zara206y Sun 16-Oct-11 16:30:17

Hi Bela, yes thanks i did read your message and i think i will see the docs maybe as this morning i noticed a horrid smell...to be honest it made me feel sick and i was horrified. I know its not due to not showering etc as i do that daily but last night there was lots of leakage more than there has been..and the fact that there is now a smell worries me too. There is nothing in the leaflets to say about what to expect so i will call the doc..or should i call the clinic where it was done?

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Sun 16-Oct-11 17:46:16

It depends on who you can get hold most easily, in my opinion. If there is also a smell then you do need to see someone tomorrow, as that can be associated with an infection developing: I suspect your GP is more likely to be able to see you at shorter notice?
Do you feel well in yourself otherwise e.g. temp or dizziness? Anything like that then suggest you call NHS direct or your on-call GP tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now