Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headaches, dizziness - what could it be?

(4 Posts)
OhThisIsJustGrape Sat 15-Oct-11 21:28:51

Been getting periods of intense dizziness for the past couple of weeks. At first it seemed to come on after eating but now it can be at any time. It feels like when you're really drunk and the room starts to spin. Not every day, can have a couple of days in a row like it and then nothing for 3 or 4 days.

Also, I've had a headache pretty much every day this week, paracetamol doesn't touch it and as I'm bf'ing I'm a little stuck as to what else I can take.

Also very tired but think that's most likely due to nit having had a full nights kip in 4 years.

I know I need to see my GP but in the meantime, to stop me convincing myself it's a brain tumour - any ideas what might be wrong?

Iamseeingstars Sat 15-Oct-11 21:38:13

Many number of things including@
Lack of sleep
Lack of fluids, - dehydration
Alchohol
Not eating right foods

Low Haemoglobin levels meaning anaemia

I have found a pattern with my dizziness is when I am not eating properly. I think I am but when I actually look at what I have eaten a mouse would eat more. And then I wonder why I am sleepy, lethargic and dizzy.

Definitely worth a GP visit and ask him to test your bloods including chlorestoral, diabetes, liver, etc.

OhThisIsJustGrape Sat 15-Oct-11 22:51:48

Thankyou, I could tick a 'yes' next to all the things you've listed, except alcohol.

Will make an appointment this week, thanks again.

Clara35 Sat 15-Oct-11 23:45:01

Hi, when I was breastfeeding I must have sat in a bad position while doing it & my neck got very sore which resulted in dizziness & pain up the back of my head. It could be a reason for you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now