Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Suspected PCOS :/, What has been your longest cycle??

(3 Posts)
shellmc Fri 14-Oct-11 21:05:42

Hi, saw endocrinologist 2weeks ago, and had bloods taken, and prescribed cream for facial hair. She is suspecting i have PCOS, due to facial hair, irregular periods and prev LH FSH levels (altho LH FSH levels wernt taken on day 1-5) due to irregular periods.
Last few cycles have been 43 days, 45 days and currently on day 60!!!
Has anyone else had a cycle this long before, im getting bad cramps/pains as tho im going to start but nothing!!.
Thankyou

GrimmaTheNome Fri 14-Oct-11 21:13:33

Oh, in the dim and distant past before I was on the pill (I didn't know I had PCOS, wasn't diagnosed till ttc) but could go for months - can't remember exactly but 60 days would have been on the short side!

doughnutty Fri 14-Oct-11 21:22:01

Went for 78 days once. Although next one was more than a year after. I had DS in between smile.

I was never properly diagnosed with PCOS (although I was convinced) but was due to go back to the ob/gyn when I found out I was pregnant. I was sent away from the first appointment and told to lose weight. I lost nearly 5 stone. We'd been ttc for 2 years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: