Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

would you tell your boss if you were on beta blokers for stress?

(3 Posts)
namechange9999 Thu 13-Oct-11 23:48:26

I know I ought to but I feel embarassed and inadequate for needing them. The stress is work related, big situation going on, on top of work load going up loads. I could feel myself loosing control, getting everything out of proportion and had to do something. I feel a bit better now but scared. Id say emotions are precarious. Week off v soon though.

topsi Fri 14-Oct-11 13:15:05

You don't need to tell them if you don't want too. Personally I would keep it between you and your doc but if it is work that is causing the stress then you may find it helpful to let them know it is affecting your health and well being.
Whe you are feeling stressed and emotional it can be tempting to let it all out but just try and take a step back and think how it may change how they view you professionally.

namechange9999 Sat 15-Oct-11 00:53:06

Thankyou topsi, i think i agree. I feel better tonight and surprisingly less keen to let on. I do need to discuss the stress but will hold back on the bit about the meds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now