Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Been on cerazette for six months just started a period

(3 Posts)
Georgiejoyce Thu 13-Oct-11 19:01:09

Hi hoping someone may be able to help!! I'vebeen on the pill for 6 months and out of the blue I've come on a period, had horrible cramps all day and noticed spotting before I got in the bath!! Not had one for 5 months so is it normal now??? I'm confused

shellmc Thu 13-Oct-11 19:20:56

Hiya georgiejoyce

I was on cerazette for around 2 years, and always had irregular bleeding with it, it would happen at any time, then i could go a few months with nothing and then get the bizarre ibetween bledding again. I came off it in the end and had swabs and tests done ect to to be checked out.

Think it is one ov the side effects, and all people respond differently to it, my mate on the other hand was on it for ages and ages and had no problems at all, didnt have a period all the time she was on it xx

Georgiejoyce Fri 14-Oct-11 14:47:16

Awww thanks, I'm going to give it a couple of weeks and if I'm still suffering I'll go to my docs!!! Just so paranoid about pregnancy, even though I've never missed a pill, it just felt odd not being on a period if that makes sense!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now