Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Mammogram today - very nervous

(5 Posts)
butterfliesinmytummy Wed 12-Oct-11 23:57:42

I have a very bad family history of breast cancer, am 38 and my gp has recommended that I go for a routine mammogram and breast ultrasound (she has done a quick breast check for me and found nothing). I've searched for threads on here so know what will happen but am petrified that they might find something - I'm in a different time zone so my apt is at 3.30am UK time but can someone hold my hand pretty please?

fedupandtired Thu 13-Oct-11 08:00:27

I know you'll have already had it by now but hope it went okay. As your GP didn't find anything worrying I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about but I know how worrying it is beforehand.

topsyturner Thu 13-Oct-11 08:06:13

butterflies - how did it go ?

butterfliesinmytummy Thu 13-Oct-11 08:35:24

Thanks. It went OK I think, my gp gets the results but she's on holiday this week. The imaging centre don't tell you anything.....

topsyturner Thu 13-Oct-11 23:02:53

Butterflies - the waiting is the wost part , if you need some hand holding , come on over to the Tamoxifen 14 thread . We can keep you going whilst you are waiting .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: