Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mammogram today - very nervous

(5 Posts)
butterfliesinmytummy Wed 12-Oct-11 23:57:42

I have a very bad family history of breast cancer, am 38 and my gp has recommended that I go for a routine mammogram and breast ultrasound (she has done a quick breast check for me and found nothing). I've searched for threads on here so know what will happen but am petrified that they might find something - I'm in a different time zone so my apt is at 3.30am UK time but can someone hold my hand pretty please?

fedupandtired Thu 13-Oct-11 08:00:27

I know you'll have already had it by now but hope it went okay. As your GP didn't find anything worrying I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about but I know how worrying it is beforehand.

topsyturner Thu 13-Oct-11 08:06:13

butterflies - how did it go ?

butterfliesinmytummy Thu 13-Oct-11 08:35:24

Thanks. It went OK I think, my gp gets the results but she's on holiday this week. The imaging centre don't tell you anything.....

topsyturner Thu 13-Oct-11 23:02:53

Butterflies - the waiting is the wost part , if you need some hand holding , come on over to the Tamoxifen 14 thread . We can keep you going whilst you are waiting .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now