Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Back/Hip is locks up painfully.

(4 Posts)
Yuraye Wed 12-Oct-11 02:30:44

I had a very severe case of SPD in my pregnancy, during the last 5-6 weeks of pregnancy I was in a wheelchair to get around out of the house, and after I gave birth I still suffered very badly from it up until about three weeks had passed.

However, I have a problem in that I cannot lie on my back at all, my lower back or my hips - I can't tell which, will lock up after a minute or two and I will be in immense pain, having to push through it until I successfully roll onto my side. I also have the same problem when I try to lie on my stomach and any kind of pressure is applied to my lower back/hips. I don't know why it's happening, but it really is starting to bother me.

A little TMI, but it's a little over two months after the birth and it's still very painful. Pretty much the only position my partner and I can use is on my hands and knees, due to the above dilemma, and it's becoming a little depressing that it's affecting my sleep, comfort, and sex life.

I wondered if anyone had any advice, or ideas on why this is happening?

AuntieDoris Wed 12-Oct-11 02:41:00

I get pretty bad back pain and both my back and hips lock up. I have found seeing chiropractor very helpful.

louisea Wed 12-Oct-11 21:40:25

By the time DD was born my pelvis was completely locked. I saw an Osteopath who helped immensely. Unfortunately I slipped a disk a few years later. Again, an Osteopath worked wonders.

jade80 Wed 12-Oct-11 21:46:56

Had similar problem. Went to doctor who told me to do nothing for 4 weeks then come back if I still could barely walk hmm like that's practical!

So I said bollocks to that, I'd like my life back, found a chiropracter, £45 a session. After one session much better, after 3 back to normal. In the first session I warned her I couldn't lie on my back comfortably, she ended up having to practically pick me back up. I even cried it hurt that much just to try and sit up!

I was dubious it would work but it definitely did. She manipulated me, used a ultrasoundy thing and did acupuncture. I don't know which bit made the difference but it really helped. I went to the first session walking uncomfortably and having trouble getting into a car, much easier when I left and even better the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now