Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help..TMI, need suggestions please

(12 Posts)
kevlarbrassiere Tue 11-Oct-11 22:13:04

TMI, really.

Today I was suddenly taken unawares, and my bowels emptied, almost without warning, with me sitting and unable to do anything at all to stop it.
This has happened a couple of times, and its on my list to go the doctor about (really).

This is where it gets really yeucky.

Since that episode this morning, poo has been coming out of my vagina. Just little liquid stuff, but definately poo. Its disgusting and its really upsetting me. I don't know what to do.

Do I try and wash out my vagina (I have no idea how to go about this).

Any ideas please, I am desperate.

KurriKurri Tue 11-Oct-11 22:45:03

You poor thing that sounds awful for you. But you know what to do don't you? poo coming out of your vagina is clearly not what should be happening.

Can you get an appointment tomorrow with a duty doctor, your really need to get it looked at as soon as possible, or you will end up with an infection. Meanwhile I would just rinse with a shower head as best you can, but don't use any kind of soap/shower gels inside yourself they are too harsh and will make you sore.

I don't know what could be causing your problem because I have no medical knowledge, but I would hazard a guess at a fistula perhaps, - I think these can occur after difficult childbirths. But that's only a guess, go and see a professional, they will be able to sort you out.

Meanwhile try not to panic, its alarming when something like this happens, but these problems can usually be sorted relatively simply. Good luck.

GoresHairKnickers Tue 11-Oct-11 22:48:07

Agree with Kurri it does sound like a fistula. Get seen by a doctor first thing tomorow.

kevlarbrassiere Tue 11-Oct-11 22:48:51

Thanks KurriKurri, my head is spinning round thinking of what the hell is up.

I looked up the 'issue' earlier, but don't know about it being a fistula. Would it not have happened before? I am wondering if the poo episode could have somehow have forced some up there. Oh hell, I feel so miserable. And I am terrified of going to the doctor.

GoresHairKnickers Tue 11-Oct-11 22:52:17

Don't be terrified, they've seen it all before and you really do have to get checked out. The mere fact that you were sitting and your bowels emptied without warning is enough to be checked out...it's not a usual (don't want to say 'normal') thing to happen.

GoresHairKnickers Tue 11-Oct-11 22:55:01

Do you feel well otherwise? there is a diarrhoea bug going round with high temperature atm.

kevlarbrassiere Tue 11-Oct-11 22:55:03

I know, I should deal with it.

I get really nervous while waiting for the doctor. I don't know why. The doctors at the practice I go to are all lovely, but I find it hard to tell about personal or intimate stuff.

I can't eat, I am so disgusted.

kevlarbrassiere Tue 11-Oct-11 22:55:43

Oh, and I feel otherwise fine grin

KurriKurri Tue 11-Oct-11 23:03:58

Don't be terrified, - they are there to help you, and you will feel much better once you know the problem is being dealt with. I would insist on being seen tomorrow - do you have a same day appointment system at your surgery?
Is there anyone who could go with you and sit with you in the waiting room for support?

I'd also write down everything that's happened so you don't forget any details when you see the GP.

Meanwhile I would fill yourself a hot water bottle or have a warm drink and take yourself off to bed. I know you are worried, but try to get a bit of sleep, and you can start getting yourself sorted out tomorrow, - the GP is the first step to you getting better and feeling like yourself again.

Take care x

kevlarbrassiere Tue 11-Oct-11 23:07:24

Thanks so much for answering me!

I will contact and ask for an appointment.

Thanks and goodnight.

KurriKurri Tue 11-Oct-11 23:08:58

If you don't feel comfortable talking to the GP, write it down and say you feel embarrassed so you've written it, and hand them your note. They really won't mind at all.

And please, please don't feel disgusted. This is not your fault, a part of your body isn't working properly at the moment. Lots and lots of people have bowel related problems. There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about, the important thing is for you to get well. smile

KurriKurri Tue 11-Oct-11 23:09:13

night night x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now