Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anteverted uterus with a 7cm cavity with Polyp & Cervical Ectropian with Aceto-white changes !?

(8 Posts)
zara206y Tue 11-Oct-11 16:41:03

Ok so i had my G/A yesterday still feeling woozy but here goes (please see my other threads for full story) but had GA and examined. Had a D&C,Hysterscopy and colposcopy and the letter i came home with said that i have an "anteverted uterus with an 7cm cavity,containing a posterior wall polyp which was removed. Curettings were taken and sent for analysis. At colposcopy she had an extropian with mild aceto-white consistent with a viral change a bispsy was taken and the lesion was diathermed.

I want to know the complications of the anteverted uterus and the issue with the aceto white prob as i have read that this is due to pre cancerous stuff...i cried when i got home last night from the hosptal after some internet research. I have had a month long period and about 6 yrs of postcoital bleeding hence the reason for the stay in hospital.

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Tue 11-Oct-11 17:46:48

I can't answer all of your questions but can hopefully give you an idea of the background of one bit.
Acetic acid (a mild vinegar solution) makes protein go thick and white.
If you've ever hard boiled eggs with a little vinegar or lemon juice in the water, you'll have noticed how any escaping egg white solidifies quickly.
If the acetic acid is painted onto skin such as the cervix, any active area will stain white because there's more protein than the surrounding area.
Active areas can be due to pre-cancerous changes, viral changes or normal physiological changes (often associated with an ectropian).
From what you've posted it sounds like it looked like viral changes (not enough for pre_cancerous) and taken that bit for analysis to be completely certain what's going on.
Did the colposcopist have a chat with you afterwards, give you any aftercare leaflets, as there should be a contact phone no for any queries? It's a lot to take in when you've had a GA so give yourself a couple of days to recover then give them or your GP a ring to go through.

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Tue 11-Oct-11 17:48:07

Sorry pressed post too early.

Go through it with them. It sounds like they're looking after you. Try to take it easy and recover.

ameliagrey Tue 11-Oct-11 20:50:35

An anterverted uterus is simply one that is in the normal position as oppsed to a retroverted uterus which tips backwards.
( I have one.)

Don't know about sorting out your cervix but I am sure that if it was pre-cancerous they would have told you.

HPV can cause cervical cancer, so it depends on whether that was the virus hey found.

But in any case it looks as if it's sorted.
You must have a follow up appt?

zara206y Wed 12-Oct-11 17:58:10

Hi thanks for the messages its made me feel slightly better about stuff...But now Virus? I have a follow up appt on 1st nov to discuss results i guess. So whats the virus? Any ideas? I have been single for months and months and not had a sexual partner for ages so wheres the virus come from? Should i be worried about that now? Now that the pain relief has worn off im feeling a bit period pain like, bit uncomfortable but im sure its to be expected after the treatment i had. Thank you so so much for posting the messages x

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Wed 12-Oct-11 21:21:51

They would usually be meaning HPV it can be dormant for years so doesn't mean you recently got it. Again, its a question to ask them to make sure of what they are talking about.

zara206y Fri 14-Oct-11 10:02:34

Hi thanks for the info - do you know how long i should be leaking this clear to pale yellow coloured fluid after the D&C? I am also a bit uncomfortable too - feels like period pains but im guesing this is very normal. I have read that the D7C involves burning the lining of the uterus ..hence the serous fluid flooding situation. Do they really BURN it?

BelaLugosidreamsofzombiesheep Fri 14-Oct-11 11:20:29

Sorry I don't know the answer to the leaking q. Did you get an aftercare leaflet, as it might say there. Otherwise give the medical sec or nurse a call. The thing to watch out for is if the discharge changes colour and/or becomes smelly, as this can indict infection. Always best to err on the side of asking someone directly involved in your care for advice on stuff like that.
Hope you're on the mend .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now