Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My 5yo DD has mouth ulcers.

(10 Posts)
GingerWrath Mon 10-Oct-11 17:33:10

She has had them for three days and has also developed a rash on her face. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

doesntfitin Mon 10-Oct-11 17:36:35

Hand foot and mouth ?

GingerWrath Mon 10-Oct-11 17:46:07

She doesn't have a temp and no spots on her hands or feet.

netbook Mon 10-Oct-11 18:04:41

I was going to post today about ds having a mouth ulcer. Hope it's not hand foot and mouth. He hasn't complained about being itchy or having a high temp. He'll be home in a minute, will give him a check over..

Is your dd feeling poorly ginger?

GingerWrath Mon 10-Oct-11 18:07:14

She is feeling very sorry for herself.

Egg Mon 10-Oct-11 21:28:18

I have had bad ulcers since early childhood but have only worked out in last year that I get them when eating apples or pears. If I totally avoid them including juice I can now be ulcer free. Has she had a new food recently?

netbook Mon 10-Oct-11 23:22:39

I checked him over and there were no other sPots. I bought ds an electric tooth brush last week and I wonder if he's been a bit over zealous.

GingerWrath Tue 11-Oct-11 11:39:27

Well we have been to the doctor. It's just ulcers so calpol and bonjela it is! Not tried any new food recently either.

SparkleRainbow Tue 11-Oct-11 18:08:01

A non alcoholic childrens mouth wash works wonders, as it kills off the bacteria in the mouth. My ds gets them a lot when he gets run down, due to another unrelated medical condition.

NHSDentist Thu 13-Oct-11 09:00:05

We've had a discussion at our practice. General Dental Council rules preclude any form of diagnosis without seeing the patient, so we're suggesting you make an appointment to see a dentist. For a 5yo, the visit to an NHS dentist is free.
www.nhsdentist.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now