Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dh has massive swelling at top of ear

(10 Posts)
mummynumnum Sun 09-Oct-11 15:32:03

Dh developed swelling at top of ear on fri. Has tiny hole from birth there. Went to ooh and on antibiotics and v strong painkillers as in agony but not really doing anything. Whole right side of face is now swollen and ear is red. A & e?

GalaxyWeaver Sun 09-Oct-11 15:47:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foolonthehill Sun 09-Oct-11 15:49:38

yes needs seeing, on call GP or A&E but def needs seeing soon. will probably end uip in Hospital but GP can get you straight to medics if need intravenous antibiotics or draining

mummynumnum Sun 09-Oct-11 16:19:44

They have sent him home saying antibiotics need time to kick in. Face still looks swollen. Swelling is at top of ear at front just by side of facesad

mummynumnum Mon 10-Oct-11 13:14:30

Still in agony, still swollen. Been to gp again today and got new antibiotics. Face still swollen.

mummynumnum Mon 10-Oct-11 19:57:04

My mum has just said could it be mastoiditis. This alarmed me! Fairly sure with this lump is behind ear and not at top.

oopslateagain Mon 10-Oct-11 20:16:45

Is the hole in front of his ear, just in front of where it joins his face? If so I think it could be this, see fig 1-12 onwards.

Hope he feels better soon, it sounds miserable. sad

mummynumnum Mon 10-Oct-11 20:44:08

Yes looks just like infected preauricular thing. Dh has slighty more enlarged seeking. Dh is suffering. Hoping 2nd lot of abs start kicking in. He is miserable!

mummynumnum Tue 11-Oct-11 17:43:16

Still bad. Still agony. 2nd lot of abs don't seem to be doing anything. Any advice?

GalaxyWeaver Tue 11-Oct-11 18:26:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now