Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

is this even possible?

(4 Posts)
LissieLovettsDeliciousPies Sun 09-Oct-11 09:52:26

A couple of years ago I had a v nasty case of laryngitis and an ear infection which perforated the ear drum. Its left that ear (my left) very prone to infection and whenever I get a cold now I end up with a bad ear (always had problems with larygitis and tonsilitis anyway)

For a month now I've had problems with my left wisdom teeth, pretty sure I have some sort of infection, but its easier to see god than a decent dentist round here. But woken up this morning in agony with my ear as well. I can barely hear and can't drink. Is it possible that the two are connected?

scaevola Sun 09-Oct-11 10:01:12

I think it is.

I get sinusitis quite frequently, usually on the left and I always get toothache in the upper molars. I was told the teeth are sound, and that it was referred pain from the sinus. So there is some sort of connexion between ENT conditions and toothache, and such toothache might not require dentist intervention.

Good luck with finding one to check what is going on in your mouth.

LissieLovettsDeliciousPies Sun 09-Oct-11 10:48:24

Thank you, I have an appt on the 17th and am going to see my gp tomorrow for my earache. I've been ill for 4 weeks now and tbh look and feel dreadful!

LissieLovettsDeliciousPies Sun 09-Oct-11 10:48:24

Thank you, I have an appt on the 17th and am going to see my gp tomorrow for my earache. I've been ill for 4 weeks now and tbh look and feel dreadful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now