Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pain in one breast

(5 Posts)
Skeptical Sat 08-Oct-11 00:25:30

I'm 28 and have a 13 month old DS. For the first 5 months we co-slept and he slept on my chest and that is when I first started to feel the ache, if he was asleep on my left breast I would have to move him as it would start to hurt (a dull ache) but I never had a problem with my right.

DS no longer sleeps that way but I still experience the pain about once a day for 10 minutes or so, but the pain has beeen constant for the last week. I don't think its anything to really worry about as I haven't found any lumps but I am just looking for some reassurance to see if anyone else has experienced this and what it might be.

I am booking the doctors tomorrow for something else so will mention the pain when I go but I know I won't be for another week or so until I get an appointment.

smee Sat 08-Oct-11 19:08:54

Hi Skeptical, didn't want to leave your post unanswered. I'm no expert, but Breast Cancer's usually not painful, so I'd bet you'll be fine. Hope I'm right! smile

TheOriginalFAB Sat 08-Oct-11 19:11:03

You will be examined, told to go away and have another period to see if it is cyclical and then depending on the answer, you may have a mammogram or ultrasound. Have you had any other symtoms, are your nipples the same as always?

Skeptical Sun 09-Oct-11 09:42:50

Thanks for your replies, FAB my nipples look the same colour and shape but they have become a little bit more sensitive in the last few weeks. I'm not pregnant as I am on the pill and had my period last week. I don't think the pain is cyclical as I have had it every day for the past few months.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 09-Oct-11 11:53:56

You definitely need checking and if your nipple becomes inverted, ring the GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now