Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please help re 7 yr old daughter!

(3 Posts)
Morgana444 Fri 07-Oct-11 15:03:56

Hi there. This is my first ever post and I hope someone can help.

My 7 year old daughter is displaying physical symptoms of a teenager! She recently started to pong a wee bit and it actually smells like BO! I didn't think this possible until puberty. She's also getting little spots on her face.

I'm concerned as I don't want children to start to make fun of her.

Can girls go through a 'mini' puberty at this age?

Many thanks in advance. Any advice grately received!

Fiona. x

Lizcat Fri 07-Oct-11 16:18:22

Have posted on your thread in children's health smile.

fedupandtired Fri 07-Oct-11 16:49:34

My DD has just turned 8 and I noticed last summer than she was smelling sweaty so I made sure she was washing under her arms. She's now started wearing deodrant (she asked for some just last week) and apparently a couple of her friends had already started wearing deodrant so she's in no way unique. She's showing no other signs of puberty.

My 9 year old DD, however, doesn't sweat at all but has always been spotty. Again, not other signs of puberty.

I think some children are just more sweaty than others especially if they run around a lot (my DD2 is a lot more active than DD1). Just make sure she washes under her arms and has clean clothes every day. It's probably a bit early for deodrant, unless she gets really pongy which she probably won't now that it's getting colder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now