Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone else had this - possible gynae., hormones, bladder issues?

(4 Posts)
mummyjah Fri 07-Oct-11 13:32:14

I have had gynaecological (at least, I think they are) issues for over ten years now. Basically, I have what feels like inflammation inside the pelvis - on the bladder, right ovary and utero-sacral ligaments. I had a laporoscopy several years back when the consultant saw 'inflamed blood vessels' on these organs. No masses, adhesions, etc.. He diagnosed endometriosis. The problem for me is that the inflammation is not cyclical and I've never had problems with periods. The inflammation does come and go with pregnancy, which does imply a hormonal cause. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I'm wondering whether to get back on the consultant treadmill (hence my earlier post for a gynae. recommendation) but I took this route several years ago with several wildly different diagnoses, which pretty much came to nothing (treated the issue with acupuncture in the end and was symptom free for years). Symptoms have recently returned - I'm two months postpartum (plus had some symptoms toward end of pregnancy).

Haggisfish Sat 08-Oct-11 09:46:04

I had similar issues recently - related to lack of oestrogen due to prolonged breastfeeding. I have ovulated for the first time since birth, and all symptoms have magically got a lot better.

shellmc Sat 08-Oct-11 17:04:06

Im am currently being tested for my Oestrogen levels should have reults next week hopefully. Thankyou for your reply

shellmc Sat 08-Oct-11 17:05:07

Sorry posted on wrong thread ...Oopps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now