Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Very heavy period post hysteroscopy

(1 Post)
ColdSancerre Thu 06-Oct-11 16:36:51

I had a hysteroscopy to resection a uterine septum in August, I then had a months worth of estrogen tablets to take to minimise scarring. Prior to the hysteroscopy I was on different hormone treatment to reduce the uterus lining in preparation for the op. So I haven't had a proper period for a while but did blled for 1-2 weeks post op which was to be expected.

I had a bleed 3 weeks ago when I stopped the estrogen tablets but it only lasted a day or so. Counting that as start of my cycle I just had an 18 day cycle which is not normal for me, usually 29.

The bleeding as been very heavy, normal on day 1 but yesterday and today (days 2 and 3) I have been emptying my mooncup every 2 hours ish and its been full everytime.

Does anyone know if this is normal for a first period post hysteroscopy? I'm starting to get concerned as the bleeding isn't tailing off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now