Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Embarrassing beauty question - please please help

(5 Posts)
soembarrassedpleasehelp Thu 06-Oct-11 12:03:00

I've name changed because I've got an embarrassing problem and would like some advice.

Since having DC (the youngest is now 7) I've had a problem with hair growing on my breasts, particularly around my nipple area (but not on the actual nipple). They are random, dark hairs, about 10 on each breast. I pluck them about once a week, but they always grow back. Sometimes the hair folicle grows underneath the top layer of skin (so it's visable) but I can't get to it to remove it. It then sometimes develops as a spot which, when picked at, allows me to remove the hair.

This is really getting me down as I'm embarrassed and don't want my DH to see.

Has anyone else had this problem and can provide any solutions?

I am curious about these home IPL hair removal systems, the ones that use pulses of light to destroy the hair follicle. Boots have several for sale but they are really expensive, about £400. However I guess this would be cheaper (and less embarrassing) than going to a beauty salon for several treatments. The thing is, it doesn't say on any of the information whether it is safe to use on the breast/nipple area. It does say it is ok to use on other sensitive areas of the body, such as the bikini line and face, so I'm guessing it would be ok on the breast area?

Has anyone used one of these and do they work?

Thanks for your help.

WorzselMummage Thu 06-Oct-11 12:07:45

No idea about hair removal systems but i just thought i'd offer some sympathy and say LOTS of women get hairs on their nipples, I do. I'm sure your husband wont be offended by a couple of hairs.

I just pull mine out and if they get a bit ingrown I dig them out. I think a lot of women just leave them be.

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Thu 06-Oct-11 12:12:03

I am a bit saddened that you would be upset if our DH saw them or knew about them but anyhow, I either pluck them out or shave them off.

OlderNotWiser Thu 06-Oct-11 12:13:05

I have always had them, and just pluck them out. OH doesnt even notice them should I miss one or two! It really is pretty common.

I am hairy generally tho and have bought an IPL for other areas, but I think nipple area way too small to spend all that money. How about just booking a few 5 minute electrolysis sessions? Or indeed a few 5 minute laser sessions would be cheaper than buying the machine!

KatAndKit Thu 06-Oct-11 12:13:29

Try IPL hair removal, it would take a course of treatments but ought to make it go pretty much for good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now