Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

underactive thyroid..now an enlarged spleen...i'm scared now

(3 Posts)
elesbells Tue 04-Oct-11 20:58:59

hi. I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid about 6 weeks ago. Ive been put on 100mg of levothyroxine. For the last couple of weeks i've been feeling a 'bulge' under my left rib. G.P arranged an ultrasound which i had today. At the scan I was told that my spleen was 'unusually enlarged' but that's all he would tell me. I have to go back to my G.P in a couple of days.

Does anyone know if this is connected to my thyroid problem? I did the stupid thing and googled and all i've managed to do is scare myself!

tia x

ivykaty44 Tue 04-Oct-11 22:19:40

bumping for you.

There is a thyroid thread on here somewhere which i started for both under and over active thyroid problems, search it and someone may be able to help smile

Elibean Wed 05-Oct-11 11:11:30

Bumping for you again smile

I think there are lots of causes of enlarged spleen, most of them benign and treatable. Hang in there x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now