Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibromyalgia Vs Arthritis.

(8 Posts)
greensmurf Tue 04-Oct-11 07:19:17

What are the differences? All the symptoms overlap eachother, it's very confusing.

I'm waiting for an appointment at the hospital. Finding it all very frustrating. Can anyone help?

greensmurf Wed 05-Oct-11 07:20:18

Anyone?

Sick of looking on the internet-would like real experiences!

shitmagnet Wed 05-Oct-11 11:25:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greensmurf Wed 05-Oct-11 19:04:54

I don't have the tender points that you get with fibro, do you always get them with it?

When I get up (in the night especially) my ankles are so stiff and sore.

greensmurf Wed 05-Oct-11 19:11:50

and after sitting even for a minute!

shitmagnet Fri 07-Oct-11 05:11:36

shitmagnet Fri 07-Oct-11 05:15:56

lesstalkmoreaction Fri 07-Oct-11 11:05:45

Hi Greensmurf, I'm really beginning to wonder if my problem could be something more, what are your symptoms?
Last year I developed arthritis in my big toes the pain was so bad I could barely walk but after taking painkillers for a bit it has worn off and not really been a problem, but over winter I have to live in ugg boots to stay warm.
I've also had uncomfortable knees, I keep thinking its the way I sit but I change that and they still hurt, i'm stiff walking down stairs and my ankles are now aching.
I'm tired and struggle to do much as the weather gets colder.
Flipping heck i'm 44 but feel 90!!
I'm also a coeliac and have put weight on over the last year and i'm 2 stone over what I want to be, i'm 11 stone 2 and 5ft 5in.
I used to go to the gym and run a bit and can't get motivated to do that, i'm working but i'm beginning to find everything a bit too much.
I think a visit to the doctor may be in order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now