Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hearing loss, please help, feel like I'm falling apart :(

(5 Posts)
thesortinghat Mon 03-Oct-11 18:30:33

I woke up this morning with virtually complete hearing loss in my right ear. It's improved as the day has gone on but I still have a slight hearing loss and a feeling of fullness like warm water in my ear. It's not hurting and I don't feel dizzy so not sure if its an ear infection. I also had a really severe migraine about three weeks ago with lots of pain in the right hand side of my head.

Please tell me to snap out of it and stop worrying about brain tumours or spiders trapped in my ear. We're also really stressed at the moment and don't know if this symptom could be related to that. sad

notcitrus Mon 03-Oct-11 19:03:06

It's way more likely to be earwax or an inner/middle ear infection than anything serious, esepcially coming on that suddenly!
See the GP.

Though stress can lead to funny symptoms with tension - try massaging your jaw joints and all round behind your ears and see if that helps. Lying on a hot water bottle might be nice too.
Good luck!

bushymcbush Mon 03-Oct-11 19:05:21

Yes do go to gp asap. Also try putting drops of olive oil into the ear and massaging. If it is earwax (likely) then this will help soften it before they are syringed.

thesortinghat Mon 03-Oct-11 20:16:30

Thank you for the perspective ladies, dh is currently hunting out the hot water bottle.

Stupid question - but is syringing just squirting water in your ear and couldn't I do a diy job on that or is it a bit more complicated???

Earthdog Mon 03-Oct-11 20:38:16

Sounds like earwax. I had this after a loud concert and was convinced I had permanently damaged my ear, but the music had obviously just jiggled the wax about! I wouldn't go for home syringing, put olive oil in for a week and let the nurse do it..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now