Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Flu Jab & TTC

(5 Posts)
PieMistress Mon 03-Oct-11 16:08:23

I've been offered the seasonal flu jab at work. We are TTC and i'm not sure if I should go ahead with it or not? I'm pretty fit and healthy otherwise. I have always said no on previous years but not sure if I should get it this year on the chance that I might be pregnant over winter?

My instinct says not to have it but I was just wondering if anybody had any advice.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 03-Oct-11 16:35:04

Its a dead virus so I cant see a problem, have you spoken to occy health?

BikeRunSki Mon 03-Oct-11 16:49:14

It is offered to pg women, so not sure how it could be bad for ttc.

SparkleRainbow Mon 03-Oct-11 18:46:32

I was told by my gp, not to have it when I was actively TTC, it is about when you have it I think. It was offered to pregnant women after 12 weeks I think. But check with gp, they will know the latest advice.

PieMistress Mon 03-Oct-11 22:00:01

Thanks guys, I also had the 12 week thing in my head. I don't want to ask the peeps at work so will give my health practice a call

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now