Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tingling / itchy fingers and propranolol

(7 Posts)
rebl Sun 02-Oct-11 21:32:04

I posted this on SN as I'm a regular there (due to ds not dd) but I thought that there maybe someone here that has some experience on this. My dd has been scratching her finger tips now for about 3 weeks and she's almost constantly doing it now. She says that her fingers are really itchy and tingly. She has severe migraine and is on propranolol 3 times a day. I've had a look on the side effects list and it does say that you can get coldness in the extremities. Could a 5yr old describe this as tingling and itchy? She's not due to see the neurologist for another 4 months. Anyone else experienced anything like this on propranolol?

vickylou2004 Sun 02-Oct-11 22:09:01

Definitely- in my experience. I have coldness in the extremities and get tingling.

RichTeaAreCrap Mon 03-Oct-11 07:59:53

I agree, I am on it too and get really cold feet and hands and pins and needles. I hate them - my blood pressure has also dropped a lot on them.

2old2beamum Mon 03-Oct-11 11:56:36

Not wanting to push in on OP, DS ,disabilities has just started on Propranolol for neurogenic pain. When can we expect to see some improvement? Thanks

rebl Mon 03-Oct-11 15:50:16

I'm not sure as my dd is on it for migraine. It took I think about 2 - 3 months before we had her migraines controlled using it. There was a lot of messing with the dosage before we found the correct one for her.

2old2beamum Mon 03-Oct-11 19:04:50

OMG that long either he or I or both will be off the end of the pier long before then!!Amitriptyline here we come. His screaming is so distressing I think he has had enough.

RichTeaAreCrap Mon 03-Oct-11 19:36:18

I am on it for migraine too. I have seen a bit of improvement but not a huge amount yet. I was taking 3 a day - that was too much for me, I have dropped down to 2 tabs a day now so we will see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now