Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Due for an operation on Tuesday but...

(8 Posts)
Pleiades45 Sun 02-Oct-11 09:08:25

I've woken up this morning and my sinus' are a bit congested. I've obviously got a cold.

I take nasonex, so my only other option is steam inhalation, but I've 2 days....

Will they still operate?

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 02-Oct-11 10:05:16

Ring the consultants secretary monday morning, I dont know how they feel about colds in surgery.

DaisySteiner Sun 02-Oct-11 10:18:40

It will depend on how bad the cold is, how urgent the surgery is and the anaesthetist's opinion on the day. If you've got a raised temperature then they will almost certainly cancel, likewise if you have any chest wheeze. Unless you feel really unwell on Tuesday/have a raised temp then I would go anyway and see what they say. You could phone the consultant, but I think they would either just say come in and we'll see how you are or cancel you anyway and try and get another person from the waiting list to come in. What they won't do is give you a definite yes.

DaisySteiner Sun 02-Oct-11 10:19:25

Meant to say, will also depend on the type of surgery.

Pleiades45 Sun 02-Oct-11 12:53:04

thanks. I'm scheduled for an emergency gall bladder removal. I've no temp and my chest is clear. I can't afford to miss this op, so i'll do some steam inhalation and hope for the best.

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 02-Oct-11 13:13:55

Take vit C- I usually find it chases the4 cold away more quickly.

Footle Sun 02-Oct-11 14:02:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DaisySteiner Sun 02-Oct-11 14:21:40

I think you should be OK then. Fingers crossed. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now