Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hair loss

(6 Posts)
surreytrace Sun 02-Oct-11 08:36:04

hey iam 24years old and ive got a 4 1/2 month year old daughter and my hair is fallin out. I no this is normal after havin a baby but iam not sure how long to leave it before i go to the doctors about it. It is startin to get anoyin now its fallin out everywere even hurts my head when i wash my hair sad. Anyone got any ideas to carm it down maybe?

Metalhead Sun 02-Oct-11 09:57:32

I think mine started to fall out about 3 months pp and went on for 3-4 months. If it's still falling out in 6 months time I'd start to worry...
Not much one can do about it unfortunately. Just be reassured that it IS normal, and it WILL stop and your hair will grow back.

satinandsilk Sun 02-Oct-11 22:18:06

hi, this is awful - i do sympathise. i didn't have any hair loss after my son was born but this time round I had very significant hair loss and it is only just easing off now. It started when my baby was about 3-4 months old and she is now 9 months. it is still falling out but not nearly as drastically and is beginning to get back to its old self. there were times i felt very down about it but there is nothing you can do - you just have to wait for time to pass and it will eventually go back to normal. it is a shock though, when it all comes out in handfuls. all i can say is that although this went on for six months for me, my hair looks okay now despite it all - and i was not blessed with lots of gorgeous thick hair to begin with. hang in there.

lostlady Sun 02-Oct-11 22:24:22

I had terrible hair loss after baby, but settled down after about a year, probably; dc is 3 now, and have loads of hair! Don't worry yet smile

surreytrace Mon 03-Oct-11 08:14:28

thanks smile hopefully carms down soon

RumourOfAHurricane Mon 03-Oct-11 16:30:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now