Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Awful side effects coming off depo injection, is there an answer other than the pill?

(5 Posts)
Confuzzeled Sat 01-Oct-11 15:41:41

I have experienced terrible tiredness since my last shot of depo. It was my third shot and it was a few weeks late. The GP thinks the hormone changes is what was making me so exhausted, I've had a range of blood tests and all fine.

I was due for another shot 2 weeks ago (obviously didn't get it) but this last week the tiredness has gotten worse, my hands are like fireballs, I am having crazy nightmares, I have terrible thoughts like when I had pnd, I don't want anyone to touch me at all. I almost fainted yesterday and my wrists hurt.

The gp thinks I should go on the pill to regulate my hormones. I just want to be normal, anyone know what I can do to regulate myself?

Confuzzeled Sat 01-Oct-11 18:13:39

Anyone?

whereismywine Sat 01-Oct-11 20:12:38

Depo drove me crazy! Had similar symtoms to you plus dark brown bleeding constantly. It took a good couple of months to get it out of my system and several more to actually get my periods back (sorry, sure this isnt normal). So, I'd give yourself some time and trust that things will get back to normal. But, if you're worried it might be something else, you could see your gp again? Hope it all settles soon.

Confuzzeled Sun 02-Oct-11 06:57:27

Thanks.
It's horrible stuff, I feel like it's really messed with my natural flow.
I guess I just need to wait.

RnB Sun 02-Oct-11 07:49:19

I hated depo - I felt like I was going mad on it. It does eventually leave your system though - it took me a year to start periods and ovulating again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now