Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wierdly tender nipples all of a sudden. Not preg, not BFing. -Menopause already? Any other ideas?

(5 Posts)
Treeleaf Sat 01-Oct-11 01:58:10

For a couple of days they've been very sensitive, rather painful and from time to time erect which is not normal at all for me.

I'm def not preggers and i finished breastfeeding over two years ago.

When i googled "painful nipples" practically every hit i got was from a menopause website...

Really? Already at 40?

(By the way, no sex drive at all for several months.)

I'd love to know if anyone has experienced this and whether they have an explanation.

Thanks very much.

lucjam Sat 01-Oct-11 14:38:35

I don't have an explanation but I have had it too from time to time during the last 6 months or so. My cycle was always short but these days can be as little as 17 days, my googling also brought up peri-menopause (I'm 38), apparently peri-men can last up to 10 years so I guess it could be that.

I get it more on thr right side than the left, not sure why!

Treeleaf Sun 02-Oct-11 00:35:14

Thanks for the answer lucjam. I'll look up perimen.

Actually i just saw that the normal onset of menopause is between 40 and 61. Weird moment of realisation that i am no longer a teenager! How did that happen? Rapid readjustment of self-image required!

OneHandFlapping Sun 02-Oct-11 13:42:01

You'venot been doing anything that would chafe them have you? Running/aerobics etc?

LittleChiefRunnyCustard Mon 03-Oct-11 17:22:51

Does it happen if you are cold? Try googling "Reynaud's phenomenon nipples" and see if anything rings a bell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now