Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long before antibiotics should kick in? Is 1.5 days too optimistic?

(5 Posts)
Hassled Thu 29-Sep-11 11:12:47

I was given Augmentin for Sinusitis yesterday and have had 4 of them - so 3 yesterday, 1 today. I really thought I'd wake up this morning feeling better - but I still feel like absolute shit; same amount of snot but with a whole new cough. And I know I have a bit of a temperature and am shivery. Just putting out the bloody rubbish just now felt like some sort of epic trial and the thought of going out to pick DS3 up from school makes me want to cry.

Is this actually not a bacterial infection, but some bastard virus? AND the ABs have given me the runs and I might as well just move into the bathroom and just stay there. God, I'm self-pitying.

Hassled Thu 29-Sep-11 11:26:50

CMOTdibbler Thu 29-Sep-11 11:34:45

You need to give them three days to work I'm afraid.

Is there anyone you can ask to pick up ds3 ?

Hassled Thu 29-Sep-11 11:36:19

3 days - thank you. That's actually a relief - I was panicking that they weren't ever going to work and I'd be feeling like this forever.

Yes - will swallow pride and text a friend re DS3.

HettyAmaretti Thu 29-Sep-11 11:41:19

Yes, 3 days. If you remember to take the ABs with food and also take yakult or something of the sort the runs should stop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now