Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does this sound like Endometriosis? Help needed.

(5 Posts)
meroving Wed 28-Sep-11 21:49:47

We've been ttc for over 18 months (we already have existing children, no fertility problems before), unsuccessfully.

I have a 28 day cycle, but (regular as clockwork) get stomach cramps, both sides, and lower back pain (without bleeding) on day 21, then some spotting a few days later and then AF starts, which is painful, but bearable and no different than has always been.
I also get some pain (lower abdominal cramps) after sex, and milder abdominal pain sporadically, on-and-off. I think it is getting a little worse.

meroving Fri 30-Sep-11 19:58:55

hopeful bump

VivaLeBeaver Fri 30-Sep-11 20:14:15

The only way of knowing for sure is by laparoscopy so you ought to see your gp and ask for a referral. I had endometriosis but my periods were very painful. It could be a cyst maybe?

meroving Mon 03-Oct-11 16:47:13

Thank you for replying.

Yes, I'm going to the GP this week. Are they likely to refer me based on the above? It is just that I have period-type cramps for most of the month now, with less respite lately, it's quite uncomfortable to live with too.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 03-Oct-11 19:00:27

I'd have thought they'd refer you, my gp did with similar symptoms. Well first of all they sent me for a scan which was normal, then they referred me. They also dipped my wee and found I had a uti, when this cleared up the period, cramping also cleared up and I'd had it for months. So I think it was that causing my abdominal pain. I also had heavy periods and it was that I wanted referring for the most.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now