Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Tmi thread.... I am right bunged up!

(12 Posts)
chimchar Wed 28-Sep-11 20:25:40

sorry blush. I am constipated....badly.

I am in pain...like shooting pains up my bum type pain.

I have senokot here....never taken it before. Says it works within 8 to 12 hours.

Will it make me explode? How bad are the tummy aches that can come with it? Anything better I can do without having to buy more meds?

Thanking you.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 20:30:39

The senna will be fine, it should just give your bowels a push so to speak to get them moving.

Have you been drinking much? I find I get constipated if I am dehydrated, so that might help.

Or Fybogel has worked for me in the past when bf'ing?

chimchar Wed 28-Sep-11 20:39:31

Thanks.. I've not been drinking enough, coupled with a fair bit of stress and some hardcore codeine painkillers which haven't helped....

Going to take them now...scared!!!

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 20:44:02

Oh no, codeine constipation is not nice.

Don't do what I did, take them, decide they are not working and then take some more. Make sure you wait the full 12 hours.

Otherwise you may become very familiar with your loo.

Good luck!

chimchar Wed 28-Sep-11 21:03:15

Oh shit! <see what I did there?!>

Not taken them yet. I shall be in work in 12 hours.... Should I not take them?

I'm assuming the bloody awful stabbing pain is constipation? I've had a few poos today but they have been really painful and hard... I still need to go. Plus I've got a massive period and am not generally feeling too great in the down below regions.

Woe is me!

herbietea Wed 28-Sep-11 21:06:28

Message withdrawn

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 21:11:01

Ah - that is a problem.

If you have had a few poos then it might be just a combination of the drugs and period rather than proper constipation.

Maybe see how you get on tomorrow, eat lots of fruit/veg and loads of water and juice. That'll get you moving!!

chimchar Wed 28-Sep-11 21:27:08

Fuck. I took them.....too late now.

Its been a few days of feeling bad...am hoping the effects won't be too fantastically dramatic!!!

Honestly, I'm scared now....what if I have the shits all day????!

Once again...fuck.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 21:59:02

It'll be fine grin

Happy pooing

chimchar Wed 28-Sep-11 22:05:23

Thanks!! Lol.

That grin is looking sinister. Will let you know how it goes.....if or when it goes!

chimchar Thu 29-Sep-11 18:59:29

I've beeeeeeeeen!!!!! grin

It worked this morning....was only a few mins late for work after nervously dragging myself off the loo.

Am pleased to report I have had a few further successes since coming home from work too.

Must have lost half a stone....minimum!! grin

Thanks for yesterday..

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Thu 29-Sep-11 19:22:16

Hahaha!

Oh that is a relief - d'ya see what I did there? grin

I am pleased that your bowels are now in working order.

Long may it continue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now