Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

warts

(12 Posts)
twankie Mon 26-Sep-11 21:45:11

what is the best treatment. I have an ugly one on my hand..tried Bazooka (or whatever it's called) - no luck..looks like its getting bigger a the skin has broken now

IShouldHaveBeenAPairOfClaws Tue 27-Sep-11 09:35:35

I have one and have been to the doctor twice but his attempts didn't kill it. He tree a freeze spray which can be got in chemists. It didn't get rid of mine but I wonder if I was too consevative with it. When I can be bothered to have another go at it I will try using the spray daily until the bloody thing dies.

I have recently taken to hacking at it with scissors to keep it small, but it always grows back. My doctor said the gels are useless.

crazynanna Tue 27-Sep-11 09:36:58

How long have you had it? They do go on their own accord,although it can be a long wait!

rubyrubyruby Tue 27-Sep-11 09:37:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

largeginandtonic Tue 27-Sep-11 09:40:17

The children have them. Hands mainly.

Ruby what is this hot wire and how to do it?

IShouldHaveBeenAPairOfClaws Tue 27-Sep-11 09:41:28

He USED a freeze spray.

IShouldHaveBeenAPairOfClaws Tue 27-Sep-11 11:12:39

I have had mine for 1.5 years. Supposedly they last for about two.

rubyrubyruby Tue 27-Sep-11 16:20:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IndieNile Tue 27-Sep-11 18:15:18

Both my DS had warts on their hands a few years ago, and we tried silver nitrate, cauterising and freezing - nothing worked, they always came back.

Then someone suggested homeopathy. I was very sceptical, but as we`d already tried everything else I gave it a go. Within a week the warts began to shrink, after three weeks there wasn`t a single trace of them, and they have never returned - the treatment was 10 years ago. I recommended the same treatment to a friend whose sons had dozens of warts and theirs also disappeared.

largeginandtonic Tue 27-Sep-11 19:01:28

Ruby i may be tempeted to use the cigarette lighter grin

Of course the homeopathy way may be more sensible. Tell me more please Indie smile

twankie Tue 27-Sep-11 23:24:32

have had the wart for about a month..Indie - what was the homeopathy option?

IndieNile Wed 28-Sep-11 00:47:03

The homeopathic treatment was Thuya 9ch and Antimonium Crudum (5ch,if I remember correctly).
The homeopath who prescribed them asked loads of questions about our diet and family situation - he was interested in the psychological state of my sons, and decided that a relevant factor in the development of the warts was emotional fall-out after my DH`s heart attack. I thought it sounded a bit far-fetched, but the treatment he decided was most suitable for their case was miraculous!
The treatment worked just as well on my friends kids who had not suffered any emotional trauma, so it might be a `one size fits all` treatment anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now