Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sorry, a TMI question about periods...

(5 Posts)
ErmNameChanged Mon 26-Sep-11 20:43:57

Lovely topic for a Monday evening, but here goes...

When I have my period, the blood tends to be a mixture of brown and red. I mentioned this to a couple of friends and they thought that was really odd. They said theirs was red at least for the first 2-3 days. However, it has always been like this for me - I wasn't even sure that i had my period when i got my first one as the discharge was brown, not red like I had been expecting.

Now, I have a retroverted uterus - could this be the cause? i.e. because my womb is tilted backwards it takes longer for the blood to actually get out and so it is more brown than red? Or am I just a medical anomally?

Anyone else like me? grin

Riveninabingle Mon 26-Sep-11 20:46:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmberLeaf Mon 26-Sep-11 20:51:28

Yeah mine varies tbh, sometimes its starts brownish, sometimes red but I always get a good mix of the two! grin

If you're not normal neither am I!

AmberLeaf Mon 26-Sep-11 20:51:54

Funnily enough though, I have a womb 'abnormality' too

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 26-Sep-11 20:56:01

afaik I have no womb "abnormalities."

On the rare occasion that I notice colour etc it can be a mix of red or brown, not particular pattern. hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now