Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ridiculous bloating and sudden weight gain

(3 Posts)
MuthaInsuperior Mon 26-Sep-11 18:15:29

This time last week I weighed 10st 4lbs. This morning I weighed 10st 9lbs!! my belly is so bloated I look about 5 months pregnant. Not due to start a period until next week. What's more weird is that this week (since I morphed into a whale) I've been eating mega healthy in a bid to feel better - generally I feel better but my belly is sensitive, massive and sore. I've also been farting a lot. I'm currently taking omeprazole for acid and lactalose for constipation - could this have caused such a huge surge in weight (and belly size?!)

orangeflutie Mon 26-Sep-11 18:46:22

I tend to get quite bloated before a period. It may be a combination of hormones causing the bloating. Also does your healthy diet mean you're eating a lot more fibre? It can take the body a little while to adjust to the extra fibre and this can cause wind and tummy bloating.

Do you drink coffee? I like it but try to avoid it near my period as I've found it also causes bloating.

MuthaInsuperior Mon 26-Sep-11 19:08:45

Yes lots of fibre in new diet and I drink TONS of coffee (although I am trying to phase it out)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now