Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dental crown keeps falling out

(6 Posts)
southeastastra Mon 26-Sep-11 13:17:24

this is so annoying me! i have one with a post on it and it's fallen out again it lasted four weeks as it fell out before.

anyone had similar? did you have to keep visiting the dentist to have it put in again?

really annoying me

Footle Mon 26-Sep-11 13:48:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

southeastastra Mon 26-Sep-11 13:53:59

he just said it was probably weaker as it's next to a gap where i had a molar taken out.

Grumpystiltskin Mon 26-Sep-11 19:16:41

There is almost always something underlying when crowns continue to fail. Usually with post crowns it's because the root is fractured or there is insufficient tooth left above the gum in order to hold a crown on, no matter how long the post is. The dentist may not want to have to remove the tooth and provide a denture. Bridges aren't always the answer.

southeastastra Mon 26-Sep-11 20:27:33

oh well, to be honest if it happens again i would just rather have no tooth at all! it's such a faff

kissingfrogs Mon 26-Sep-11 21:56:16

In my case it was because the root was really short that the post & crown kept falling out constantly. I went to a different dentist who said that she was going to use something that would guarentee my crown would never fall out. God knows what it was but it must have been industrial concrete because that was over 10 years ago and it's still in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now