Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I be worried? bleeding between periods

(6 Posts)
AliceH123 Mon 26-Sep-11 10:54:01

Should I be worried?
for the last 4 months i have started bleeding again a few days after finishing my period. It lasts for up to 7 days, began as spotting but each month it gets heavier. I'm not pregnant or using any contraception. Too early for menopause. If it happens the same time each month I'm presuming it can't be anything sinister? I've got an appointment with my doctor but not til mid October (long waiting list!) Does anyone else have this?

MadamA Mon 26-Sep-11 13:44:44

You should definitely get this investigated - could be hormonal bleeding or something like cervical erosion. Mid cycle bellding should always be investigated - I can't believe you cant get a GP appointment till mid October - outrageous! Maybe that's to see your favourite person!

AliceH123 Mon 26-Sep-11 13:53:09

Thanks MadamA, Our GP surgery is particularly bad. I'm waiting to see the only female doctor. Even to see a male doctor the earliest is 7th October. I am worried it could be serious as the spotting has turned to bleeding, but am hoping it is hormonal as it seems to happen at similar times each month. I don't think it can be ovulation bleeding as it lasts too long. But hopfully can't be cancer or anything like that as presumably that would just be bleeding on and off all the time.

MadamA Mon 26-Sep-11 13:57:06

Well good luck with it - another thought is if you have a sexual health clinic where you are? You can often walk into them and they are usually really good at doing internal exams etc as they do so many - I had my first ever comfortable smear test in one after finding it intensely painful in years gone by - they told my my vagina was v long and used an extra long speculum. Anyway sorry - TMI! Am sure your GP will be great when you finally get there.

AliceH123 Mon 26-Sep-11 18:55:22

Hi we do have a sexual health clinic. I never thought of that! I'll call them tomorrow. thanks.

JoJoMummy321 Mon 26-Sep-11 22:28:15

You are right to get checked out but I think if its always same time each month you will find its hormonal. Try not to worry. Hth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now