Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help diagnose me before I google and get told I'm pregnant or going through menopause

(5 Posts)
thesortinghat Sun 25-Sep-11 10:26:14

ok so over the summer I had a 60+ day cycle followed by a normal 28 day one. I then got my first ever migraine when af stopped which was so bad I ended up in hospital with a suspected stroke as I Lost the ability to speak. This was followed with a 16 day cycle which has just ended and now I have really tingly boobs.

Really doubt I could be pregnant due to af and being very careful with contraception and I'm only 29 so I'm hoping it's nothing else.

vickylou2004 Sun 25-Sep-11 12:44:58

I think you need to see your doctor.
It could be polycystic ovaries, or it may be something totally different, which is why you need to speak to your doctor.

Good luck.

thesortinghat Sun 25-Sep-11 20:38:12

vickylou - thanks for the reply. I know I need to see the gp but don't feel like I've got much to report so far. One migraine and a couple of irratic cycles.

I googled and now either have early onset menopause, stress, PCOS or a miracle pregnancy.

vickylou2004 Mon 26-Sep-11 12:24:51

Periods that are THAT erratic, I don't think sounds normal so I would say you DO have enough to go on. You shouldn't be having cycles like that at your age. And along with the migraines, if that's a new thing then it certainly warrants a visit to your GP.

Good luck.

thesortinghat Thu 29-Sep-11 19:07:32

Just wanted to say thank you again for the reply. Thinking about popping in to see the gp tomorrow as its my day off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now