Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

two periods within 14 days?

(3 Posts)
sincitylover Sat 24-Sep-11 23:31:09

I had a period on 6 September and then another on the 21st

I am approaching menopause so it could be that but have also just started to take metformin - as well as being prescribed for type 2 diabetes its also prescribed for PCOS to regulate and kick start periods.

I wondered if this has happened to anyone else? I really can't be doing with periods every two weeks - I felt so drained at the end of this week and my iron levels are not good.

I also have underactive thyroid and earlier this year was prescribed T3 (stopped taking it within two weeks) and my period was two weeks late (apparently a recognise effect of taking this medication). Since then periods regular apart from now.

I have gp appt this week and expect her to dismiss this but would be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else when they took metformin.

It also gives me constant heartburn as well.

sincitylover Mon 26-Sep-11 11:51:02

bumping in case anyone has experience of this!

zara206y Thu 29-Sep-11 12:15:15

Have a look at the post i have started if you can ..similar issues! Been bleeding for about 16 days now. Loads of probs. To long to mention

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now