Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had a mole removed a week ago. Now really itchy.

(5 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 23-Sep-11 13:50:18

It was quite a big mole on my back.
Had to have a dressing on it since as its partly under bra strap.
It's itching like crazy today. Is it most likely just because its healing? And is there anything I can do?

scarletfingernail Fri 23-Sep-11 14:33:59

I've had a couple of moles removed and have found that the area does itch while healing. As with any operation, the skin itches as it begins to scar.

When did you have it done and when can the dressing come off? You'll probably find some relief from it once the dressing's off.

nametapes Fri 23-Sep-11 15:53:00

Its just healing ..... like any scab on a knee can sometimes feel itchy as it heals.

mathsgeek Fri 23-Sep-11 15:55:55

I was recommended to use vaseline to help with the itchiness and scarring once the wound was scabbed and dry. Don't rub it in, just pat it on, esp if you still have stitches.

Tortoise Fri 23-Sep-11 16:40:32

Done a week ago. I think dressing can be left off but I've been putting new ones on because of bra strap catching it.
I thought it probably was just healing. Good job its in a place I can't really itch lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now