Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Had dental work done on Tuesday, now mouth is very sore at injection site

(7 Posts)
Imnotaslimjim Fri 23-Sep-11 09:59:09

I had 4 fillings done on my top front teeth on Tuesday. I had 3 injections, one of them he moved the needle round a fair bit. At the site of that one, its incredibly painful and swollen. Could it be infected? I've never heard of it hapenning. I've tried to ring the dentist but they're permanently busy. If needed, I'll get in with the out of hours dentist later. Is there anything I need to do, other than swill with salt water?

Grumpystiltskin Fri 23-Sep-11 10:27:28

Take something like ibuprofen and paracetamol if you can. It's probably something called a haematoma where there has been some bleeding into the tissues, painful but infection is unlikely and it will go away.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 23-Sep-11 10:55:49

Thanks Grumpy. Can't take Ibuprofen due to tummy probs, but I've taken paracetamol. I hadn't thought of a haematoma, but that does make sense. Will just bear with it for now and see how it goes

Grumpystiltskin Fri 23-Sep-11 22:32:32

Let us know how you get on.

Imnotaslimjim Sat 24-Sep-11 09:59:58

It would seem you were right. Some of the swelling has gone down overnight and there is now an obvious small lump that is tender to the touch. It isn't hot or anything though so I'm convinced it isn't infected

I'll still have to contact the dentist though as I'm due to have more work on the next tooth along on Monday, so I'm wondering if its wise to have more jabs so soon when the last one caused problems. Will see how it is Monday morning

Grumpystiltskin Sat 24-Sep-11 14:20:26

Is there anything coming out of the lump when you press it or a funny taste? Definitely mention it. Glad it's a bit better.

Imnotaslimjim Sat 24-Sep-11 14:56:54

No, nothing like that. Its not an abcess, I've had those before. Its not as painful as it was, so I'm hoping its gone by monday and I can get this block of treatment finished

Thanks for the help so far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now