Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HELP ! Ive treated the worms, but how can I stop the itchy bum ?

(7 Posts)
OnEdge Thu 22-Sep-11 22:30:03

I treated my DD's worms today but she is suffering still with the itchy bum, what can I do for her tonight ?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OnEdge Thu 22-Sep-11 23:00:18

Thanks, she has had a bath and I have put loads of sudocreme on, hopefully gone by tomorrow, thanks.

ppeatfruit Fri 23-Sep-11 07:12:22

If sudocreme doesn't work I swear by a couple of drops of Ttree oil mixed with a cup of warm water. Put it on with a sterile cloth or piece of kitchen roll and she can hold it in position for a while.

cyb Fri 23-Sep-11 07:21:38

vaseline on her bum will stop the worms coming out and laying more eggs

I would dose again tbh, the medicine only kills the live worms so any eggs could still be hatching and emerging. Its not usual for us for the itching to continue if all live worms have been killed

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Fri 23-Sep-11 09:37:14

Some kind of barrier cream. My DD had a really sore and itchy bum hole last night. She was very distressed to the point of hysterics nearly. She'd had an enormous poo and had several tiny, but visible splits in her anus.
I gave her cold water on cotton wool and then put some hand cream on her bum.
I think stomach acid is contained in poo and some hangs around after just to burn your ring. No conclusive proof though.

OnEdge Sat 24-Sep-11 19:51:57

Thanks a lot everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now