Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

electronic pelvic floor toners - any recommendations?

(6 Posts)
swaddleaholic Wed 21-Sep-11 22:15:29

So, after having 2 babies in 2 years, and trying to do my pelvic floor exercises, I feel its time to invest in an electronic pelvic floor toner. I'm generally ok but was a little mortified after going on a trampoline with my 20-month old/ having a big sneezing fit :-(

I am ok @ doing my exercises but struggle to know whether I'm doing them correctly and feel it would be reassuring to try an electronic one. Are they much of a muchness? Waste of money?

All thoughts appreciated.

sloggies Thu 22-Sep-11 09:11:49

Don't know about the electric ones, but if all else fails, I've got a copy of the excercises from my GP. Could scan and email to you. Might reassure you in the meanwhile.
About the only time I remember to do them is just before 7 in the morning, when dh brings me my wake-up tea....

tinasmum Thu 22-Sep-11 14:17:07

I can thoroughly recommend the Kegel 8 pelvic floor toner, works for me and worth every penny, anything to avoid drastic surgery and my pelvic floor muscles were very weak.

cardamomginger Thu 22-Sep-11 19:08:35

I've been using Neurotrac Continence under supervision of my physio. In 3 months I've gone from a 0/5 to a 2/5. Given that I am prolapsed to all hell and my pelvic floor is in tatters, this is a major achievement! I still need surgery, but all progress is good progress smile. I wouldn't recommend using this without physio supervision. There are lots of different programmes on the machine and it's difficult to know which are the best to use, unless you know what you are doing. And it can also be quite easy to go too intense and hurt yourself. Good luck!

gailforce1 Thu 22-Sep-11 19:45:23

Would recommend Kegel 8 - customer services were very good when I rang about the programmes.

kwinmum Fri 23-Sep-11 22:54:58

Ask Gp to refer you to a local women's health physio, they will be able to help you, and you may not need to buy a gadget! Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now