Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

So shall I have my Mirena coil taken out - advice please!

(3 Posts)
Losinit Wed 21-Sep-11 15:02:36

Am currently on my 3rd Mirena. I have had a DC since I had the previous 2 Mirenas which I did not have any problems with and literally within a few days, they settled down and my periods stopped completely.

Had this one put in 6 weeks ago and from the start I bled. Within a week it was quite heavy bleeding with small clots. I keep on expecting it to settle down but it is not. I also have constant mild period pains, bloating and temper tantrums (well I've always had them but I definitely feel more on edge)!

Am I to presume that my body has gone off them? I really don't want to wait months for it settle down and feel like crap in the meantime. The only reason I had it was so I can cancel my periods and had a effective contraception (the pill does not suit me either).

Shall I get rid and go back to condoms?

MoaningMinnieWhingesAgain Wed 21-Sep-11 18:45:36

I was still having random bleeding at 6 weeks, it did stop in the end and is still fairly normal I think. I would maybe give it another month then decide, would be a shame to have it taken out unneccessarily?

WhoresHairKnickers Sat 24-Sep-11 23:54:55

I had continuous bleeding for over 9 months and then heavy, regular periods, I was the bitch from hell had mood swings, greasy hair, spots, weight gain and many other symptoms before having it removed. Would never have another one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now