Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I am not feeling myself at all lately, please have a look...

(14 Posts)
MorningCoffee Wed 21-Sep-11 13:49:20

Have not been feeling great lately, have put a lot of how i felt down to my anti depressants but i have now bee on them for 6 months & most side affects seems to have gone.

My symptoms at the moment are -

Tiredness, this is quite extreme, normal day to day things tire me out, i have to have an afternoon sleep, if i don't i pay for it the next day.

headaches, i get these a lot mainly round the front of my head and over the top.

This happens to me lately which i am quite worried about, i start to feel weak and my body shakes especially hands/legs it comes on suddenly, it sort of feels like i need to eat but i am not hungry, it happened today so i dashed into a shop and grabbed something to eat and drink, i thought i needed a sugar in take, it helps but does not go completely.

I keep getting upset stomach, stomach cramps then rush to the toilet, probably twice a month or more this happens.

Another thing i have noticed i start to sweat easily but when i sweat i start to feel anxious, i can't bear to sweat i hate it but it happens more easily than normal.

Does anyone have any ideas?, i am off to the doctors this week but just wondered if anyone had any of this?

MorningCoffee Wed 21-Sep-11 13:50:09

Also noticing my memory is not how it used to be, i keep forgetting things!

fannybanjo Wed 21-Sep-11 13:51:56

Sorry you are feeling so unwell. May I ask how old you are as there could be a chance these are menopausal symptoms?

MorningCoffee Wed 21-Sep-11 13:59:12

oh my i am only 29.

campergirls Wed 21-Sep-11 14:06:25

That list of symptoms sounds a lot like type 2 diabetes to me - much more likely than menopause if you're 29! So it's really good that you're going to the doc, as s/he will be able to sort out tests for you and help you adjust your diet and exercise etc to get it all under control if it is diabetes. You'll be feeling better soon!

exexpat Wed 21-Sep-11 14:08:53

Possibly thyroid problems, which are very common? GP might be able to give you some idea from a blood test. Have you asked a doctor about it yet?

MorningCoffee Wed 21-Sep-11 14:11:34

Thanks campergirl, i am going to look diabetes up see what it says, my diet is not bad to be honest, it could be better i suppose and exercise and dipped a lot because of this sweating thing & my tiredness, i am over weight a bit so could do with losing about a stone.
Will see what gp says, sure they will do blood tests which will be difficult cause i have a fear of needles but I WILL get through it !

MorningCoffee Wed 21-Sep-11 14:12:33

No not seen a doctor about it yet, kept putting it off but have noticed it is quite frequent symptoms now & i don't feel well in myself at all to be honest.

MorningCoffee Wed 21-Sep-11 14:16:18

exexpat - Just looked at your link & i do have -

If the gland is underactive as in hypothyroidism, the following symptoms may occur:

Exhaustion, tiredness, sleep problems - THIS
Difficulty concentrating or remembering - THIS
Weight gain - THIS
Dry hair, skin and nails - THIS
Depression or anxiety - THIS
Constipation
Poor libido - THIS
Breathlessness and swelling of feet - BREATHLESSNESS
Hoarseness
Cold intolerance - THIS
Face swelling and puffy eyes
In women, heavy periods - THIS

So as you can see quite a few symptoms, hopefully know soon, i just know i am not right.

MorningCoffee Wed 21-Sep-11 17:53:47

Thanks for the advice, am hoping to get in to gp's tomorrow am but have to call after 8am tomorrow. Not feeling great at all tonight.

MorningCoffee Mon 26-Sep-11 17:03:00

Well had my blood test today so now have to wait for the results, am feeling so not myself right now, the fatigue is wasting my life away sad

lesstalkmoreaction Mon 26-Sep-11 17:06:48

I felt like you and turned out i'm coeliac, I felt dreadful sweating and had palpatations, i had to have an afternoon sleep for months after having my last baby. I hope you find out what is your problem and you feel better soon.

MorningCoffee Tue 27-Sep-11 16:10:38

Thanks lesstalkmoreaction, just got to wait for the results, the gp told me 3 days the nurse who done the blood test told me a week, hmm am back in tomorrow for a smear test so will ask when i am there see if any results are back.

bacon Tue 27-Sep-11 22:33:28

Sounds very much like anxiety. Anxiety causes all sorts of symptoms like constipation/dia, sweating, eating disorders, extreme tiredness.

Anti depressants can make anxiety worse and unless there is a serious reason for being on them then perhaps you could start to wean yourself off them with the help of CBT as I have been there and AD are only the short time answer.

ADs made me light headed & terrible anxiety. ANxiety can produce lots of chemicals in the body such as dry throat, nasal problems etc so dont under estimate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now