Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding through urethra when on period?? is this possible?TMI

(11 Posts)
21again Wed 21-Sep-11 11:32:07

I have endometriosis and for the past 6 months or so I have noticed I seem to have a small amount of blood on my pad higher up with a space between the usual blood when I am on my period. Could this be coming from where I wee? I do go to the hospital every 6 months but forgot to ask last week when I went..DOH!!! It may just be travelling alon the pad but for there to be a space inbetween seems wierd. I feel a bit of a div for asking but I do know that endo can get everywhere and was wondering if it could be in my bladder.
Has anyone else experienced this?

MuthaInsuperior Wed 21-Sep-11 12:15:28

I bled from there when I had Cystitis.

21again Wed 21-Sep-11 12:17:36

Ah thanks for the reply..Its deffo not cystitis.

I have googled it and one women had said she had the same problem..was in USA tho and she siad the doc laughed her out of the office...Its driving me mad!!

Meteorite Wed 21-Sep-11 12:29:05

Have you tried wearing a tampon to see if it still happens?

21again Wed 21-Sep-11 12:40:42

Yes I have and it still happens so It maybe is my endo sprouting out somewhere else...God I hate being female sometimes..x
Just thought I would ask about it on here as it reaches so many ladies...thanks

LittleMissProcrastinator Wed 21-Sep-11 12:53:31

I would think it is only coming from where it should come from and travelling up the pad. If it was coming from other places I'm fairly sure it would happen when not on period, although I'm no expert.

21again Wed 21-Sep-11 13:00:49

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ITS JUST THERE IS A BIG GAP whoops sorry caps on...between the blood..a bit at the top of the pad and a space of about an inch then the obvs you get from a period in the middle of pad...god this is gross im so sorry.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 21-Sep-11 13:07:14

My mum had similar - she had bleeding from the back passage when she had her period. Same as you though, there was a space on the pad. When she dscribed this to the GP he sent her cameras. She had to have an operation to reduce the endo

It could well be that the endo has developed within the bladder, its certainly possible. Please don't worry about someone else being laughed out of the dr's office, that doesn't mean you will be. Please do mention it to you GP

hester Wed 21-Sep-11 13:08:37

My friend had this and it was a kidney infection. Strangely, she didn't have any pain even though the infection was well advanced.

21again Wed 21-Sep-11 13:48:25

Thanks for your help...Mmmmm Imnotaslimjim it does sound similar to your mum but obvs another area the bleeding is coming from. I know its not a kidney infection as it only happens on my period.

Thanks I dont feel as though im going mad anymore x

Meteorite Wed 21-Sep-11 14:31:23

Definitely see the GP, this is not something that should be going on for another 6 months before you get it treated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now