Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urinary Tract Infection - symptoms

(5 Posts)
Fefeffion Tue 20-Sep-11 18:34:42

Does anybody have any experience of UTIs? I have had what I thought was a stomach bug with headache and nausea for a few days now. These symptoms seem to be easing off but my bladder feels as though it is never empty and I can't stop going to the loo. There is no burning and no pain, just very slight discomfort. I was under the impression that if you had a UTI you would know about it - has anybody else had this?

Firestone Tue 20-Sep-11 19:27:21

I had several years of recurrent UTI'swith the exact symptoms you describe, the burning normally started at the same time as the backache which indicated a kidney (rather than urinary tract) infection. I guess some peoe can experience milder/different symptoms. I'd check in with the GP and do a test.

Fefeffion Tue 20-Sep-11 19:55:04

thanks Firestone - think I will get a appt and hopefully nip it in the bud.

pinkthechaffinch Tue 20-Sep-11 21:25:55

I have an overactive bladder, which presents with the symptoms you describe (minus the backache) but no detectable bacterial infection.

It flares up from time to time but under control at the moment- if this is what you have there are lots of things you can do to help yourself- bladder retraining, good old pelvic floor exercises. They've worked for me.

GrownUpNow Tue 20-Sep-11 21:32:23

When I have a kidney infection it can present like a stomach bug with vomiting and diarrhoea, feeling headachey and having a fever, but I also get heaviness in my back and stabbing kidney pain, along with painful contracting all along my urinary system. I'd say go to the doctors and get your wee dip tested and see what it shows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now