Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have got glue ear. I am 38

(8 Posts)
HumphreyCobbler Mon 19-Sep-11 21:28:25

this is deeply annoying
my ear is vibrating every time I speak
I am a teacher so talk a lot
I now have to wait for an appointment at ENT, this may be some time

has this happened to anyone else who is an adult?

HumphreyCobbler Mon 19-Sep-11 22:07:29

anyone?

workshy Mon 19-Sep-11 22:50:01

me!

I was given a balloon to blow up with my nose (sounds very strange) but when I did it I got tiny little popping sounds in my ear and the echo went -still muffled but better than echo

my mum also has it -think some people are just predisposed

resolved itself while I was still waiting for ENT appointment

HumphreyCobbler Tue 20-Sep-11 19:11:22

gosh

was it an ordinary balloon?

Thanks for your reply smile

workshy Tue 20-Sep-11 20:35:01

it's a medical balloon, you can get them from the pharmacist -comes with a tube and you blow through the tube, it's to qequalise the pressure -think if you hold your nose really tightly and then try to blow -feels like that -very very strange but effective

that echoey sensation is awful

HarrietJones Tue 20-Sep-11 20:50:55

I have it. On & off since November last year. I get a lot of pain with it and sinuses get all blocked/painful too. I have sprays & I've had drops but nothing that works properly

nightcat Tue 20-Sep-11 21:54:47

I got that after a flu jab years ago, took lots of decongestants but the only thing that helped to clear it was osteopathy.
Unfortunately ever since then each cold makes the popping return, thankfully it does eventually clear on its own in-between the colds.

HumphreyCobbler Wed 21-Sep-11 18:36:25

thanks

I will try decongestants AND osteopathy AND blowing up balloons with my nose

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now