Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Menopause at 30? Or something else maybe?

(3 Posts)
5inthebed Mon 19-Sep-11 21:17:16

I have PCOS and for as long as I can remember, my periods have been horribly heavy and long. I usually have 5/6 a year if that, and usually involves a day indoors as the bleeding is so heavy I have to change every 30/45 minsfor the first 12 hours. Then the bleeding dies down slightly for 5 more days.

For the few periods I have had, the bleeding has been light an lated for 3 days max. The last period I had was the end of July, and for the past week I have had slight potting and brown discharge when I wipe, but nothing ele.

Given that I have PCOS and don't ovulate that much, had 6 rounds of fertility treatment and periods have stopped being so horrid, could I be going through the menopaue. My mam went though it at 45 without any symptoms other than her periods stopping.

Should I go to the GP?

sweetpb Tue 20-Sep-11 10:14:48

I would go to the GP to put your mind at rest x

Meteorite Tue 20-Sep-11 16:38:47

There are a few different conditions which could cause this. See your GP and if necessary a gynaecologist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now