Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Prescription says capsules, I need liquid - will a chemist dispense liquid instead?

(7 Posts)
MrsS01 Mon 19-Sep-11 20:31:11

I have a prescription and forgot to ask if it could be made for liquid antibiotics instead as I'm unable to take tablets. Will a chemist dispense the same antibiotic but in liquid form or do I have to go and get it changed?

A1980 Mon 19-Sep-11 23:18:57

Take the prescription in to the chemist and ask them.

BluddyMoFo Mon 19-Sep-11 23:19:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LaBellaSantaCaterinadiSiena Mon 19-Sep-11 23:22:51

Speak to the pharmacist. If they're nice, they'll call the surgery and speak to the dr (well my dad would have!)

nightcat Mon 19-Sep-11 23:30:20

I sometimes asked just for dry powder and mixed it myself at a later stage. If it's powder capsules (many are) then you can open them and mix yourself.

hocuspontas Mon 19-Sep-11 23:32:17

I have always had to get another prescription if I forget to remind the doc.

Bearskinwoolies Tue 20-Sep-11 05:03:12

Take it to the pharmacy and explain why you would prefer a liquid. Pharmacists are able to contact a gp, and request a change, if the dr says so, they can dispense and return the rx to be amended afterwards. However, some health centres/pharmacists prefer for it to be amended prior to dispensing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now