Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

wonky period!

(11 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 18:06:10

So, period was due yesterday. I've have terrible thrush this month and have been in a lot of pain. Mc'd last month at just shy of 5w again.

Anyway thought period had started this morning, put in a tampon (sorry, sorry, sorry) and just taken it out. There is a tiny bit of pink blood. Not brown like the spotting i get sometimes before a period, or the dark red I get when my period starts, but pale pinky/orange.

Bizarre, yes? Should I call gp? Its unlikely I'm pg, only had sex once this month at totally the wrong time.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 18:25:14

?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 18:25:14

?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 18:50:45

OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 18:50:45

Yorky Mon 19-Sep-11 19:28:15

Bizarre yes, but after another MC (v sorry) and severe thrush do you truly expect your body to be on top form atm? I presume you're not after a use towels and wait and see type answer?

OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 19:32:12

You're right of course. I didn't think thrush would affect periods etc though, although this is the worst case I've had. I'm just oversensitive about wonky periods. Whenever I've had a squiffy one there has been an issue.

OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 19:32:13

You're right of course. I didn't think thrush would affect periods etc though, although this is the worst case I've had. I'm just oversensitive about wonky periods. Whenever I've had a squiffy one there has been an issue.

Yorky Mon 19-Sep-11 20:23:45

TBH I've not known thrush affect periods either but you're dealing with a lot and it could be one of those minor things which just wobble you more than it otherwise would.
With your history I presume your GP would be sympathetic and not think you were paranoid/hypochondriac!

OracleInaCoracle Mon 19-Sep-11 20:35:29

Thanks, I will call them if there's no period tomorrow and ask for a blood test, just to rule out nastiness. <Sigh> its never easy is it?

How are you my lovely?

Yorky Tue 20-Sep-11 09:44:26

Hope it works itself out for you, nice and simply for a change!

I'm doing OK thanks, in the middle of starting DS1 at school and DD&DS2 at new nursery because we've moved again (to a smaller house, but ours this time), all with more hormones than I know what to do with!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now